Monday, April 1, 2019

bagel bites



Yesterday me and my brother had the first of what will hopefully be an annual "90s Day." I bought all of our favorite childhood snacks -- bagel bites, cosmic brownies, lunchables, yoohoo -- and we spent all day watching the movies and tv shows we loved to watch when we were little. We revisited three cartoons (ironically two are from the '80s but they got the most VCR action in our house in the mid '90s) The Brave Little Toaster, The Land Before Time, and Mulan. And then we also watched our two favorite disaster movies, Twister and Dante's Peak. And a couple episodes of The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (which, shockingly, has apparently never been released on DVD!)

Kyle claimed the couch and I got cozy on a giant pile of blankets and pillows stacked on the floor. We stayed off our cell phones all day, and our parents surprised us with chocolate Pop Tarts and Capri Sun! To quote Pooh, it was my favorite day. I think the only thing that made it better than the actual '90s is that we have cats now and Arrietty stayed cozy by my side the whole time.

There are so many books and movies about how sad it is when people lose touch with their inner child and I think that message really got to me when I was a kid. I've always been so scared of being "too grown up" and I actively try to keep my wonder, excitement, imagination, creativity, and enthusiasm. I know I probably skew too far in that direction and I make for a pretty pathetic "adult", but I wouldn't have it any other way.


dress - thredup | shirt - vintage