Saturday, February 9, 2019

my top five: things I don't want to do today



As this week's reigning champion for Laziest Person on Planet Earth, I thought it would be fitting for today's Top Five installment to be five things that I do not want to do today.

1. Cook myself lunch
Last night I made "dinner for two" for one, with the intention of saving half of my meal to eat as leftovers today. But then I got really hungry around midnight and I ate it! I don't feel too guilty about it since it was mostly vegetables with a little beans and rice (maybe that's why I was so hungry at midnight, ha!) so I'm lunchless today. Solution? I'm ordering take out from The Simple Greek (sidenote - this is my absolute favorite food chain and if you have one near you, you need to try it! My favorite meal that I get there is the build-your-own pita with falafel, hummus, cucumbers, tomatoes, chick peas, olive oil, salt, and oregano. YUM!! They also have the best french fries I've ever tasted in my life. And that includes McDonalds.)

2. Clean my humidifier
As I mentioned in my post yesterday, I got a humidifier this week! This particular winter has been so dry in my house that I decided to cave in and get a nice humidifier. It's only been a couple days but it's SO worth it already. My nose hasn't been stuffy or dry, my skin feels better, my lips even feel less parched, and the air feels soft somehow!?! It's beautiful! The only problem is that you have to clean humidifiers once a week and I decided my Humidifier Cleaning Day would be Saturday which means I have to clean it today. But I don't wanna.

3. Paint a shelf
I got a vintage shelving unit that I have to freshen up with a new coat of paint and I'm VERY excited about how it's going to turn out once it's done. I'm very excited about putting it up in my room and finally getting that pile of "things to put on the shelf" off of my floor. But do I feel like actually putting in the effort to get the shelf from "needs a coat of paint" to "painted and beautiful"? Not quite.

4. Taxes, ugh.
I'll be honest, this has been on my to-do-list for exactly 6 weeks now and it is 100% not getting done today. I actually did very good with record keeping last year, for the first time in my whole life, but it's still my least favorite thing I have to do every year. And the amount of days I have left to "put it off until tomorrow" are dwindling quicker and quicker.

5. Write this blog post
Normally I schedule my posts at least the day before they have to go up, but not today! Normally I keep a blog planner where I map out what "top five" I'll be doing each week. Not today! After I finished my morning work, I frantically looked around my room for something, anything, I could categorize into a list of five items. But more than anything else, I just kept coming back to my to-do list which contains a multitude of must-do tasks that I don't actually feel like completing. At least now I can cross off one of them, though! ;D