Sunday, August 26, 2018

flaming feminist



Happy Women's Equality Day!

Today seems like a good day to talk a little bit about voting. When I was a kid, I didn't care about driving or drinking, I just wanted to be old enough to vote. Our grandmothers fought hard for this right, and I take it very seriously. Voting has always been so important to me, but it's even more important this year. If you go to vote.org you can register to vote, find out if you're registered (it's a good idea to double-check!), request an absentee ballot if you won't be able to vote in person, and find your polling place.

A record setting number of women are running for office this year, and if a record number turn out to vote as well, then we can turn this country around and start caring for women, minorities, children, animals, and the environment again. As they say in Mary Poppins, we're "soldiers in petticoats" and I firmly believe that if we all band together and elect Democratic representatives, we'll be getting a lot closer to the legal equality we deserve.