Monday, January 17, 2011

sugar, spice and everything nice


dress - f21
coat - f21
collar - bb dakota
shoes - target

I go back and forth between thinking my hair looks like Baby Spice or Mickey Mouse lol. Since it was my favorite way to do my hair in like 1999, I'm going to go with the Spice Girls ;-)

By the way, remember this coat? As much as I wanted to love it, it's really just way too long for me. I'm 5' tall so anything more than 36" long tends to make me look like I'm playing dress up, especially when I'm wearing flats, which is basically every day. Luckily the collar is what really drew me to the coat, and it's detachable! So, I just wear it with my favorite F21 trench! Voila! Crisis solved!

That's one of the things I really love about Forever 21 .. since it's geared towards younger girls, the dresses are often made to be pretty short on normal-heighted-people, therefore they hit about mid-to-lower thigh on me! It doesn't hurt that the stuff is usually dirt cheap too. Obviously F21 is no Gucci, but I'm honestly not a "quality over quantity" person when it comes to clothing because my tastes change so often. It doesn't make sense really to invest in something that I'll get tired of in two years anyway.

ps. If you want that coat without the collar, I have it on my things-for-sale blog here. It's a Medium.