Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My favorite hobbies are cheerleading, liking people, and living in America.


Topshop's new "Preppy classics with a 70's twist" line reminds me so much of The Mary Tyler Moore show. (It's a 70's sitcom, big stretch of the imagination, right?) Mary's cool, but me and Rhoda are kindred spirits. Heck, just give me a thick Brooklyn accent and I basically AM Rhoda!

But I digress...

Being one of the few people on this planet who doesn't loathe 1970's clothing, I'm pretty smitten with a lot of the things on the site. Granted, I really only like women's fashions from that decade. Platform loafers, brown tweed, corduroy, wide brimmed felt hats, thigh-high suede boots, daisies, ascots and a-line skirts with buttons up the front (not sure if there's a real name for this style, but I adore it!) are all among my favorites. But the mere sight of a man in a pastel leisure suit, floral dress shirt unbuttoned to display a forest of chest hair intertwined with heavy gold chains, and I'd be the first to admit that 70's trends were not at all kind to the guys! I tend to get virtually pummeled whenever I say I like seventies fashions, but admit it.. the stuff in that photo is kind of cute, no? :-)