Wednesday, November 3, 2010

the truth is out there


When I was a teenager, I was *obsessed* with The X-Files. I had the "I Want to Believe" poster in my bedroom, Scully & Mulder action figures and I published an alien newsletter that my friends pretended to read. It wasn't until last month that it dawned on me that I could re-watch the entire series on dvd now. (I know, sometimes things take a little while to click.) So a few weeks ago I started Season 1, and I've been plowing through at least 2 episodes a day ever since -- sometimes 6 or 7 if I have a lot of work to do at my computer one day, and I can keep the episodes going repeatedly in the corner of my screen.

While it's totally revived my obsession, watching the show does have its drawbacks. Each little noise at night is definitely an animal/human mutant stalking me from behind a door. The raccoons that cross my path on my nightly walk are genetically engineered in the preschool nearby (that's just posing as a preschool, it's really a secret military hospital for strange experiments), and my irritating cough is actually an alien virus transmitted through my tainted tap water. The show can really get into your brain!!

Anyway, I put together this etsy treasury as an ode to the show. And yes, I was watching The X-Files while I made it ;-D