Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Greetings from 1958!




scarf - I have no idea
dress - le bomb shop on ebay
glasses - forever 21
shoes - my grandmother's (the pink shoes I talked about here.)

I realized this afternoon that I've been spending the last two weeks suffering some of the pitfalls of 1950's life without any of the benefit. Our cook-top ignition has been broken for a few months now, so we use matches to light it when we want to cook. As I was standing over the stove today lighting the fire for my lunch, sweating (I'm sorry.. if I'm a 50's gal I should say glistening) in the muggy weather because we do not have air conditioning, I thought to myself -- if I have to live like a 1950's housewife, I'm going to dress like one too.

Granted, in a few weeks the weather will be cooler and a/c won't even be an issue (although our stove will still be broken) but for today I just made the best of a bad situation and dolled myself up to deal with a house without working modern perks. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to tend to my roast in the oven... ;-)