Wednesday, February 28, 2018

wishful spring-ing



It seemed very spring-y yesterday so I went with a very spring-y outfit to match! Although I guess all of my outfits look at least slightly spring-y anyway since I still wear colorful outfits in the winter? Anyway, it felt fresh, bright, and floral.

If you've been following me for a while you know that I've flirted with going back to school like twenty times already, and I was at it again this week. I had considered going to school for visual merchandising when I was a teenager (basically I just really wanted to design store windows and in-store displays) and I came back to that idea recently. I was looking at a program in NYC and you need your high school transcripts, SAT results, and a letter from a teacher or advisor to apply. And I left high school in 2003. I don't think I realized before how difficult it must be for older students to return to college until now. It would be a nightmare getting my high school records, let alone for students who are in their 50's or 60's! I feel like there should be some alternate application process for returning students.

I don't think I'm determined enough to embark on an "unearthing Kate's records from 15 years ago!" expedition, so I'll probably pass on the application. I just think I'd be really good at window design. It's a weird thing to have as a calling, but I think I have a knack for it. Maybe I just related a little too much to Rhoda from Mary Tyler Moore as a kid, lol!

It's so weird to be 31 and still like "hmm.. what should I be when I grow up?" but that is definitely my life. I hope some of you guys out there feel the same way and maybe can relate a bit. I know personally it seems like everybody I know, even people way younger than me, totally have it together already, while I'm still trying to figure everything out.




dress - c/o sheinside (super old) | blouse - vintage from soft future
shoes - bait footwear | wig - keke wigs