Friday, February 23, 2018

purple hearts



I feel like I've *mostly* mastered the controls on my DSLR so I can take semi-good quality photos even when the lighting is really crummy. It's a dreary rainy mess here right now (it's supposed to keep raining yesterday through Sunday!) but I don't think you can tell in the photo! Yay! I can't quite say the same about my handiness with recording video lol. It might partially be because I edit video in imovie whereas the photos are edited in Photoshop, but the lighting in my videos leaves a lot to be desired. I don't know if anyone is actually even watching them but if anyone out there is, I promise I'm working on improving the quality! :)

I actually recorded a video yesterday where I *speak* and it's so awkward lol. (And the lighting is even worse than the one below since I was in an even darker area of my house!) I'll be posting it on Monday I think, but I'm just going to put it out there and never rewatch it. I was so insanely nervous. It's not actually my voice that I'm self conscious about, I just make such exaggerated faces while I'm talking and I never realize I'm doing it until I see myself on video lol! Now that I pointed it out it's probably going to stand out even more if you watch it so I should just stop talking ;p I think it's just one of those things where we mention our own flaws because we want to beat someone else to it, you know? Anyway, here's a video where I'm blissfully silent and hugging cute little Arrietty:




dress - modcloth (old) | cardigan - amazon | tights - amazon