Sunday, December 29, 2013

merry belated christmas



I'm FINALLY feeling better so I thought I'd stop by and wish everyone a belated Merry Christmas :) We had to postpone some of our holiday festivities since I was so sick, I didn't get to finish my present shopping and I had to miss my Aunt Annie's 102nd birthday party (that was crushing!) but we still had a nice Christmas. I lost my voice so I ended up using a text-to-voice app on my phone and I think that sufficiently lifted everyone's spirits. Just hearing the app try to pronounce 'Arrietty' produced plenty of holiday cheer ;)

Christmas isn't over for me just yet though. I finally just mailed my cards yesterday (you can see them here!) and since I spent so much of December either working or deliriously sick I'm giving myself permission to keep my decorations up through mid-January. I want to enjoy these trees and ornaments, darn it! And I'm going to bake cookies and eat hundreds of them while everyone else is starting their weight loss new years resolutions. It's going to be great.