Friday, December 6, 2013

dinosaurs and polka dots



I went to Old Navy on Monday to get my Christmas pajamas (every year my mom buys everyone in the family new pajamas to wear on Christmas Eve) and ended up finding these amazing tights (and maybe a couple cardigans, too...) The photo didn't really capture the pretty mocha color but they're lovely in person! They're also pretty thick so I think they'll be getting a lot of traction this winter.



I've been wearing this coat constantly -- it's actually surprisingly warm and toasty. I tend to gravitate towards longer coats (like this one. OMG!) but I like having a shorter one to wear this year so my pretty dresses and skirts aren't always hidden.

On Wednesday I threw a little last-night-of-Hanukkah party. My parties are always goofy and totally amateur but I have so much fun! While I was grocery shopping for party food I came across the matzoh and a lightbulb went off in my brain -- a matzoh-bread house. I had NO idea if it would actually work but I was pretty certain it would make for a fun party activity. So I picked up some icing and gumdrops and crossed my fingers. My family and I had a blast putting it together and -- surprise! -- it actually worked. The icing held it together and it's actually still standing in my kitchen two days later! I sense a new holiday tradition ;)




dress- forever 21 | t-rex necklace - sweet and lovely | coat - c/o oasap
cardigan and tights - old navy | shoes - asos | hat - forever 21