Friday, November 22, 2013

baby it's cold outside



I thought I'd change things up a little and give a peek at another part of my apartment (one of my favorites!) I don't really love it as an outfit post background but I didn't feel like taking new photos again after this and the lighting was already starting to get bad so... there you go.

This is my little entryway, right when you get to the top of the stairs. I already had one dresser that I was using as a nightstand in my old bedroom, so I just bought one more and painted it to match to create the illusion of one long cabinet. Ideally I'd like a nice big vintage piece there someday but it's just not in the budget yet. In the meantime I do love how this turned out! I framed a bunch of old family photos in embroidery hoops (post on that coming soon!) and it's the ideal place for my lilac Christmas tree!

We're starting to have some really cold days here now (hence the coat & cupcake beanie!) but it's still fluctuating a lot. One day you're all bundled up and want to swim in a tank of hot chocolate and the next you're guzzling lemonade and wearing shorts. Make up your mind already, mother nature. Today is one of those freezing days so I'm layering up and enjoying it very much! :)


coat - c/o oasap | shoes -  bait footwear | tights - target | sweater - f21
skirt - asos | faux fur collar - asos | cupcake beanie - modcloth