Wednesday, May 15, 2013

daydreams



I've been trying to catch up on work the last few days (birthdays and a couple trips have made me fall so behind!) so I ended up starting Scandal and I've been watching episode after episode while I toil away at my computer. It's so addicting! I used to be active in politics when I was a teenager and this show makes me a little glad I never pursued that for a career. I still volunteer during election season and obsessively follow the news but I think I'm much more suited to be an outsider in the field of politics. It seems like a world with a higher than average amount of bullies and mean people, and I can barely handle the few I've had to put up with online.

Honestly the older I get, the more I crave a really quiet, almost hermit-like life. I think my ideal existence (read: dream life, never gonna happen) would be living in a little cottage somewhere in Europe with no internet access and no phone. I would ride my bicycle into town to buy groceries, see movies and get the occasional pastry. But most of the time I would be painting, gardening, reading or watching dvds with my cats and (hey, as long as I'm dreaming) my brilliant boyfriend in our beautiful home. It's a far cry from the busy political future I once envisioned for myself, and probably nothing more than a pipe dream, but a girl can wish :)




dress- charlotte russe | shirt - c/o modcloth | shoes - c/o bait footwear
tights - target | ice cream brooch - sweet and lovely