Wednesday, March 20, 2013

the happiest place on earth



Whoever said getting dressed helps when you're sad was right. It doesn't stop your heartache but it makes you feel a little bit less like the world is falling apart around you. This is kind of tough, segueing back into normal posts when I still feel very blue, but I think blogging [much like getting dressed] can be cathartic. Kind of like how watching a beloved movie when you're feeling sick seems to help just as much as (if not more than) actual medicine. It's not like blogging or changing out of pajamas will actually ease my pain, but it helps in a way that I can't quite pinpoint.

Another thing that helps when you're really sad? The happiest place on earth. Yup, Disney World. I tapped into my house savings (whoops) and booked a mini-trip for me and my mom three weeks from today. It'll be nice to get away for a little bit :)


dress and belt - forever 21 | tights - target | shoes - c/o bait footwear