Wednesday, September 5, 2012

my vest bet



This is the last picture I'm posting with my regular pink hair. I had to touch up my roots and thought I'd try something a little different by using a darker shade of blonde as my base, so the pink would be toned down. The blonde came out A LOT darker than I anticipated so it's looking a little odd, but I think you can still *kind of* see that it's pink. Anyway, I'll post photos later in the week.

My mom got this vest on her honeymoon in Paris in 1976, and it's one of my most treasured possessions. Unfortunately she's one of those people who empties their closet constantly and this seems to be one of the only vintage pieces she kept. It's a shame too because she had killer style when she was young! I always kid my dad about it, because in photos from the 70's he's bedecked in bell bottoms, half-open floral print shirts with huge collars and a gold chain while my mom has on something classic and timeless. My brother and I have officially ruled that he's never allowed to ever judge any of our fashion decisions, or else we'll whip out the incriminating 70's pictures ;D




Dress - h&m | Vest - from my mom | Shoes - urbanog
Necklace - c/o Creature Comfort