Wednesday, April 13, 2011

easter candy


dress - modcloth
tights - h&m
cardigan - old navy
shoes - from my grandmom

Today I felt like a walking talking easter candy display, and I couldn't be happier about it! One of my favorite things about spring is easter candy. I don't actually like to eat it, since I'm not big on sweets, but I LOVE looking at it. All those pastels -- kisses are probably my favorite with their light pink, blue and green foiled wrappers -- are just so pretty I could squeal! I love walking through the drug store and seeing all the candy for sale in big pastel displays with bunnies and ducklings and don't even get me started on how much I love pastel egg dye kits. oh gosh. They're just so PRETTY!!!

Oh, if my hair color looks a bit different, that's because I'm currently dying it. I used to do it all in one night - I'd bleach it blonde, then dye it red, but I was afraid of what I might be doing to my scalp with all the chemicals going on at once, so now I stretch it out a few days. This is what my hair looks like after the bleaching. I don't leave it on too long, just enough to lighten my dark brown roots so the red will show up, which is why it looks sort of orangey (though it matches my easter colored outfit quite well, I think!)