Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year!



Hey! From my last two posts it would appear that I've somehow turned into an "only blogs on holidays" blogger, lol! But actually the time period between Thanksgiving and today was unexpectedly hectic and weird and I even ended up closing my shop up way earlier than normal because I just needed some time to catch up on sleep and spend time with my family. When I tell you that this is the first time that I put on a dress since Thanksgiving, I am not exaggerating. I've exclusively been donning oversized sweatshirts and leggings while I napped and snacked my way through the last few weeks of 2020. 

I've never felt more hopeful for a new year than I do for this one. Most January Firsts I start making big plans for vacations (usually to Disney World) and dreaming about all the fun adventures I'll have over the next twelve months. But this year honestly I'm just so excited about doing normal things again. Assuming all the vaccinations go according to plan, sometime this year I'll be able to see my friends again, go to Target, eat at my favorite restaurant, go grocery shopping, get my nails done, visit an art museum, go for a walk in the park, go out for ice cream, spend hours in a used bookstore, go to the movies, all these little things I used to take for granted before me and my family decided to spend the pandemic sheltering in place. I am so incredibly happy with our decision, and even if I don't get to leave the house again until November it will still have been worth it to know that my parents, who are both very high risk, are safe. But boy oh boy am I looking forward to hanging out in the Target Dollar Spot again, lol!

I'm not being too outrageous with resolutions this year since this is honestly a difficult time period we're all living through and just getting through it is resolution enough. But I am working on losing a little bit of the weight I put on this year, trying to be slightly more disciplined with my daily routine, and trying to save more than I spend. One thing I do really want to improve on is my communication skills, since I'm absolutely terrible at replying to messages. All of them - emails, texts, tweets, snail mail, you name it. I also have a habit of crafting replies in my head and thinking I actually sent them when I really never did. If anyone knows of some kind of full proof method for tackling this particular problem maybe let me know on twitter? (I'm @kategabrielle) I've tried working on this for probably a decade now but I'm always just so bad at it! Even if you do tweet me a link I probably will forget to reply to thank you. I'm that bad.

As always, if you're still here reading this blog thank you so much!! I hope you have a wonderful 2021 and hopefully I will see you here again before Valentine's Day lol!!