Friday, September 21, 2018

clever girl



On Wednesday I went to see Jurassic Park at the movies with my parents and it was SO MUCH FUN! They actually forgot to start the movie, and somebody had to go get help, but in the mean time some of the audience started humming the theme song in unison. One girl said "maybe they just assume we all have it memorized by now and they don't need to even play it!" You could tell the whole room was packed with hardcore Jurassic Park fans, and it just felt so amazing to be sharing that experience with so many other fans. Once the movie started, everybody laughed at the funny parts and stayed totally quiet during the scary, exciting parts. I didn't see a single cell phone light the whole time. And everyone applauded at the end! I don't think I've seen that outside of the TCM Film Festival. It was just a total blast!

And naturally I had to dress on theme. Of course!! :D I wore this kind of subtle dinosaur print dress (I think it almost looks like an abstract pattern until you really look closely and see all of the dinosaurs, right?) and a handful of Jurassic Park themed pins from my shop. I normally pull from the neutral tones in the dress when I've worn it in the past but I decided to play up the blue of the water this time and I think it adds a little fun color to the whole outfit, don't you think?




dress - modcloth | sweater - forever 21 (old)
shoes - bait footwear | jurassic park lapel pins - my shop