Wednesday, May 30, 2018

once in a lullaby



I've been in a terrible movie rut lately. Every once in a while, even though I'm a HUGE movie fan, I go through dry spells where I listen to music, watch the news, binge watch tv shows, and catch up on reading, but consume basically no films whatsoever. This whole month I only logged five movies on letterboxd. FIVE. Meanwhile I watched the entirety of Community. Twice.

I've been a big fan of The Office, Parks and Recreation, and 30 Rock for a while now but for some reason I could never get into Community until recently. I love it sooooo much now, though. Troy is my favorite, and I love the Dean. And I have a terrible crush on Jeff Winger. Ughhhh. I have such a weakness for characters that are mean and cocky but also have a sweet side and a good heart underneath the rough exterior. I love the narcissism episode when his "swagger has a new swagger" *falls on the floor like the Dean.*



I also just finished binge-watching The Santa Clarita Diet (for the second time) which is probably my third-favorite currently-running comedy. (First place goes to The Good Place, Second place is Brooklyn 99) I love that somehow Drew Barrymore and Timothy Olyphant are total #couplegoals while simultaneously killing people as a team to get human meat for zombie Drew.

It's weird that I always end up feeling a little guilty during these non-movie spurts, like as if I'm cheating on my favorite pastime lol! But the heart wants what the heart wants, and right now that seems to be Joel McHale in aviators and Drew Barrymore eating people. C'est la vie!




shirt - vintage | skirt - c/o modcloth | shoes - bait footwear