Tuesday, February 4, 2014

twirl around the world



A couple weeks ago I made this video for Modcloth's twirling promotion which just went live on their blog yesterday. Originally the theme was "twirl around the world" so I decided to become a tourist in my own living room, surrounded by animated versions of famous world landmarks. It looks like they changed the theme since then so my idea is kind of out of context now, but I'm still so happy with how it came out!

I know asking people to watch videos on blogs is like asking you to do 100 cartwheels while simultaneously braiding your own hair (at least it seems that way to me.. people don't like videos unless they specifically typed in youtube.com in their browser) but please, please give it a watch! It's only 32 seconds.

I am just so proud of it. It took me forever to figure out how to get the animation technique the way I was envisioning it in my head. In the end I ended up editing 500 individual frames in photoshop before I even knew if it was *possible* to layer my animation over my video. I can't tell you how relieved I was when it actually worked, lol! And now I have the animation itch again (actually, I always do!)


dress- c/o modcloth | sweater - forever 21 | hat - h&m | brooch- vintage
suitcase - vintage | sunglasses - forever 21 | shoes - c/o oasap