Monday, May 28, 2018

long story short



I AM WEARING SHORTS!!! This is a big deal to me. Like I said last week, I haven't worn a bathing suit in public in about ten years. I also haven't worn shorts since I was in high school. I'm so self conscious about my thighs, the only times I *have* worn shorts, I've layered tights underneath so that it would still hide my legs. But I keep coming back to one of my favorite Mindy Kaling quotes - "If you've got it, flaunt it. And if you don't got it? Flaunt it." I'm flaunting it this year, whether I've got it or not lol!

My insecurities haven't been so wholly conquered that I'll be wearing shorts every day, but it's nice to give myself the option again. I wore jean shorts for a walk in the park last week and nobody stared at my legs or shouted at me to cover up my dimply thighs. It wasn't nearly as bad as I had built it up to be in my head. I think we all have insecurities that we obsess over, but to everyone else we just look like normal human beings. We need to look at ourselves that way, too!