Wednesday, September 18, 2013

disney day one



I know what you're thinking -- "how did she bring her bedroom and her cat to Florida?!" but actually I took this picture on Sunday, before we left. Yesterday we set out for the airport around 4:30am and then went straight to Disney World when we arrived at our hotel. I was going to take a shower but I accidentally packed all my shower accoutrements in my checked baggage which hadn't showed up in my room yet. So I just went to the Magic Kingdom a tired, sloppy, slightly dirty mess. I still had an absolute blast but I'm not sharing any photos just yet ;)

Last night we went to the Disney World halloween party and it was so much fun! I dressed up like a cat (it was actually a horrible last minute costume but of course my default would be cat.) I had wanted to dress as Mary Poppins but I thought guests weren't allowed to have Disney character costumes (so you don't get confused with the paid actors) but it turned out like 50% of the women there were in full princess regalia. Darn it! Well, at least I know for next time.

As usual for me, so far I'm just obsessed with the food. The quinoa salad at Be Our Guest was phenomenal (definitely trying to recreate it at home when I get back) and I was reunited with my beloved Dole Whip in Adventureland. *sigh* Today we're off to Epcot where tons of scrumptious International cuisine awaits me. Hooray!

Oh, and I did upgrade to an annual pass! Thanks for the advice in my last post!! :)


dress & cardigan - forever 21 | shoes - asos | tie - flapper girl | cat - arrietty