Monday, July 25, 2011

hello again



shoes - c/o blowfish
belt - forever 21

I've been a busy little bee this last week. I dyed my hair back to red (pink will definitely see a comeback someday but for now, I'm a redhead) which makes me feel so much more like me again. I also realized -- quite excitedly -- that since my moving plans fell through I had a boatload of savings that didn't have a specific use anymore. Hello shopping spree! ;-D

I know, I know, I'm super irresponsible but hey, retail therapy works wonders for me! (And half of my savings are staying put, so I wasn't totally insane!) I went a little wild at H&M (and also picked up a few goodies there for a giveaway next week!!!), ordered a modcloth dress I'd had my eye on (I'm wearing it in the spot the difference post this Thursday) and finally placed an order from Dorothy Perkins. I've been obsessed with their dresses since Kaelah mentioned them in a post a while back, and now that I own some I'm even more obsessed! They're great quality, really unique and affordable! AND my order was at my doorstep less than a week after I ordered, which is amazing considering it shipped from the UK! No sooner had it arrived and I had 4 more dresses in my shopping cart.

I also got my new adorable red flats in the mail from blowfish!! I've wanted red flats for ages, and these are absolutely perfect! And they definitely live up to the whole "blowfish makes the most comfortable shoes on the entire planet" thing! Like walking on air!

And lastly, I re-launched my funny artwork etsy shop with a new name, Puns Intended. I really wanted punintended but it's taken (taken usernames are probably my biggest internet pet peeve. ergh!) so this was the next best thing. I haven't really worked on this line of paintings in a while but I think I might pick it up again soon. I have a couple ideas floating around my head just begging to be put on canvas ;)

Before I go.. I want to move on as though nothing ever happened here. However, I just have to say how thankful I am to everyone who commented, sent me e-mails & tweets and surprises in my mailbox over the last week. There aren't words to express how grateful I am to have such amazing friends. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you.