Wednesday, June 20, 2018

I want to live in a house



Do you ever get an idea that you're so excited about you just can't think about anything else but making the idea a reality? That's me right now with building a tiny house. I'm not counting on it completely since I don't have the money for it yet, plus I have no idea if New Jersey zoning permits tiny houses, but it's the only thing on my mind. I even found the exact tiny house I want! It's a kit, so you have to assemble it yourself or hire a contractor but it's perfect for me. It's a little over 250 square feet plus it has a loft area. I already have the layout planned in my head, lol! Ideally I'd want to remove the ladder to the loft and add a spiral staircase. All I've ever wanted is to live in the apartment from Sunday in New York and I think it would actually be feasible with this home (or at least *very* close.) I think if I try to save up it might be do-able in the next year. That is, if I cut back on spending (with the exception of dresses because life still has to be worth living in the meantime, LOL!)

Anyway. I'm sure there's a good chance I'll read this in three years and be like "I totally forgot about that abandoned dream!" but right now it's fun to be planning this out. Oh, and since I said I'd start linking to the songs I use for my titles, this one is a song from the movie Starstruck and you can listen/watch the song being performed in the movie here. It's one of my family's favorite films and I was super lucky and got to see the director in person while I was at the TCM Film Festival this year! She also directed My Brilliant Career, which I highly recommend if you want to watch an ultra feminist movie co-starring peak handsome Sam Neill.


dress - asos | shoes - bait footwear | scarf and brooch - vintage