Friday, September 30, 2016

posh frock friday



I don't think there is anything better than a dress you can twirl in. Sartorially speaking, at least. Obviously there are other things that are better ... cats, potatoes, a good nap..

I'd actually forgotten about this vintage gem until I saw Amy Poehler's Emmy dress (btw, three a million cheers for Amy Poehler's first Emmy win!) which also had an embellished cape overlay. It's such a unique detail, but I've never worn mine because I felt like it kind of overwhelmed my body, draping in such a way that you couldn't really see any defined shape, so I looked a little like a blob. But she just looked so amazing in her dress that it gave me the confidence to finally break out mine. And I'm glad I did -- otherwise I wouldn't have had such a fun & silly twirling session ;D

Don't forget if you're joining in and getting all dolled up today, post your outfit on IG with the hashtag #poshfrockfridays <3








dress- vintage | shoes - bait footwear | necklace - vintage