Wednesday, February 29, 2012

a brilliant way to brighten your day!



I've been having a pretty crummy week so far. Physically and emotionally I'm just completely wiped out, and I definitely needed a pick me up! I was talking to Amber about it, and she randomly asked me to name five things that would make me smile.

I picked Hypatia, grapefruit juice, How I Met Your Mother, dresses and pizza. Then Amber told me to do something involving all of them RIGHT NOW.

I went over to Hypatia and kissed her little forehead, then went to the kitchen and poured myself a cold glass of grapefruit juice. I changed out of my comfy rainy day clothes and put on one of my favorite new dresses! Then I called in an order for pizza and put HIMYM on netflix. INSTANT PICK ME UP!

It can be hard to think of things to do to cheer yourself up, so Amber's sneaky way of asking me really worked! I'm planning ahead for future gloomy days by writing down some of my favorite things on slips of paper and putting them in a jar. Whenever I'm feeling super blue, I'm going to pick out five things and do them right away, all at once! :)