Sunday, May 2, 2010

I want pink knee pads.

I got really pretty roller skates last summer, but never got around to purchasing the (absolutely necessary for me) knee pads and elbow pads so that I could actually use the skates. It's already warm enough here now for me to put my falling-on-my-arse-in-public skills to good use, so I went searching on amazon for knee and elbow pads. Unfortunately, THIS is the loveliest option for adults:


As a kid, I loved my hot pink helmet and sparkly streamers on my bicycle handles. As a grown up, I might not want my bike decked out like Barbie, but I'd at least like something a little less macho than black and orange he-man knee pads. I'm resourceful; I'll probably just buy some of that Krylon plastic spray paint and make these more suited for a person with hips and long hair. But, still.. why can't girls have pretty sportswear? I'm sure I can't be the only one who'd prefer a more feminine alternative to these Rollerball pads.

UPDATE: I ended up finding a light blue knee pad/elbow pad/helmet combo on amazon! whee! :)