Thursday, September 21, 2017

laughter is the best medicine



The last several days have been very crummy, but today I'm going to see Jen Kirkman live and I am SO looking forward to laughing until my sides ache. If you're not familiar with her stand-up, I highly suggest checking out her specials on Netflix. Her newest one, Just Keep Livin?', was taped in New York last year and I was in the audience! They always tape more than one show (so they can edit together the best versions of the jokes) so I keep showing up and disappearing in the video. It's probably less noticeable when there isn't an audience member with bright pink hair in the front center lol ;D

Speaking of hair, I think it's safe to say I'm a wig convert now. I've been wearing this one constantly and I just feel SO much better about myself. I'm planning on keeping this up until the pixie grows out (and even then I might still keep it up because who doesn't love an instant good hair day?!) A few days ago I went to run errands and I got a lot of compliments on my "hair" though and I felt so awkward about it. Do I just blurt out "IT'S A WIG!" to strangers? That feels weird, but smiling and acting like it's actually my hair feels weird too. I don't know what the proper etiquette is here lol.

I will say though that I've watched a lot of youtube videos about how to wear wigs and make them look more like your real hair, and the best tip I've learned so far is to take dark eyeshadow and brush it into the roots to make it look like the hair is actually growing out of your scalp. Ever since I did that to this wig I feel like it's blended into my hairline better and it really does look like actual hair! I've also started styling mine more rather than just wearing it down, which feels more me-ish since I didn't used to wear my real hair un-styled when it was long. This week I styled it into a "half up- half down" do and have just kept it that way when I put it on my wig stand at night so I don't have to style it again the next day :)




dress - charlotte russe | cardigan - h&m | collar - asos