Monday, January 2, 2017

resolutions



I feel like coming up with New Years resolutions usually sets me up for failure (see this ambitious yet disastrous list from 2011) but I'm going to try my best to stick with a couple this year:

1 - Limit clothes spending to vintage and bell sleeves. My rationalization is that vintage is rare (especially when I find something I love in my size) and I might regret it if I let something special get away from me. Bell sleeves are my all-time favorite fashion trend (I even run a blog that's specifically dedicated to sleeves. I have a problem.) and I used to have such a hard time finding them. Now that they're in style again I want to snatch them up while I have a chance. So those are two spending categories that I'm allowing myself to feel guilt-free about, while I attempt to save up the rest of my money.

2 - Start running in the morning and eat relatively healthy. I'm trying something new this time around and I'm going to let myself keep eating things like pizza once in a while. I feel like every time I start dieting I go too far, cutting out everything except cucumbers and spinach, and then I just make myself sick. This time I just want to be more conscientious about what goes in my mouth -- lay off mindless snacking, eat when I'm hungry, and make healthy (but still delicious!) choices.

3 - I recently bought this book for my first read of 2017. I haven't even started it yet, but a couple times that I've started getting myself worked up over something stupid I've just said the book title in my head, almost as a mantra or something, and the little panicking troll in my head shut up for a while, lol.

That's about it! I think those should be manageable. It'll be kind of depressing if "read one book, still buy clothes but limit them to two categories, and still eat bad food but try to be ever so slightly better about it" isn't do-able, but I'm definitely going to try...