Friday, December 16, 2011

posh frock friday



dress - modcloth
cardigan - forever21
tights - we love colors
shoes - modcloth (similar)
hair bow - honeybean

Grey and yellow is one of my all time favorite color combinations! I was a little lost on how to make this dress work for winter, but I think pairing it with all-grey accessories really helps!

Tomorrow is my Aunt Annie's 100th birthday party (although her real birthday is the 23rd, we just weren't sure how many people would have been able to attend a party two days before Christmas). I'll have a post up tomorrow with some pictures of her, and an extended version of the interview I did with her in 2009. She is such a spunky lady... in the video she tells stories about how she used to sneak out to go dancing, about the time she went riding on a motorcycle on a trip in Cuba, how she found a gun in a pocket once while she was working in a laundromat and almost killed her boss! She doesn't remember a darn thing about world events (not even World War II, if you can believe it) but she can remember exactly what she wore to the dances, who she went with and what street they lived on. She's a remarkable woman, and I'm so lucky to have her in my life!