1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you've tagged them.
11 random things:
1. I'm (obviously) a cat lady, but my favorite Disney movie is 101 Dalmatians.
2. I won't eat anything with cheese in it, except for goldfish crackers.
3. I was such a huge X-Files nerd in middle school, I actually had a monthly alien newsletter. My friends were my only subscribers, and they kind of didn't have a choice.
4. I hate talking on the phone so much that I literally bribe my brother to call in pizza.
5. I get nervous really easily. I've spent like half of my life with my stomach in knots.
6. I also get embarrassed easily... even if I randomly think of something embarrassing that happened to me 10 years ago, I get all flushed and my heart starts pounding.
7. I took ballet and tap from age 4-16. I really miss it!
8. My favorite movie is Sunday in New York. I could watch it a million times!
9. Right now my favorite snack is baby carrots with roasted garlic hummus. With a couple exceptions, I think that might be all I ate last week...
10. All through elementary school, my dad made me a baked sweet potato for breakfast every morning. In 2nd grade we had a "bring your breakfast to school" morning and everyone made fun of me for bringing in a sweet potato.
11. If real offices were like Dunder Mifflin, I think my dream job would be a receptionist at a paper company.
I think I would be a huge bore if I answered all 22 questions from Kaelah and Marja so I'm just going to do a combined 11.
1. If you could teleport to any time and place, where would you go and why?
As much as I love the fashions, manners and movies of the past, I couldn't live without modern medicine or air conditioning. And I wouldn't be able to tolerate the attitude towards human rights in the early 20th century. So probably modern day Ireland or Italy!
2. Who is your favorite musician?
My favorites are constantly changing, but right now my favorite band is The Pogues, and my favorite singers would probably be Marianne Faithfull and Brian Ferry.
3. What is your earliest childhood memory?
When I was three we were on vacation in Montreal, and while my parents had their backs turned for a few seconds, I wandered onto the elevator and the doors closed behind me. I can remember hearing my mom crying on the intercom, trying to talk me back to the lobby.
4. What is your favorite food to eat?
Potatoes! Mashed, french fried, home fried, baked, sliced or shredded! Russet, eastern white, new, yukon gold, yam, sweet potato or fingerling. Basically every single version of potato that exists, except for potato skins and scalloped potatoes.
5. Do you collect anything? If so, what?
Obviously dresses... also 101 Dalmatians memorabilia, old paperbacks with movie tie-in covers, records and cat-related stuff
6. If you can have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
I think I'd pick Carl Sagan. He was so incredibly smart, but he also seemed like a genuine, nice person with a great sense of humor.
7. If you had to describe yourself in 5 words, what would they be?
Sensitive, sweet, intelligent, weird and awkward
8. What is your favorite piece of clothing and why?
Definitely my sprinkled with sweetness dress from modcloth. I love the print, the fit, everything about it! Whenever I'm picking out what I'm going to wear, even if I don't choose it that day, I smile when I see it in my closet :)
9. What kind of "weird" foods do you like? (They could just be weird to your friends/family, kind of like my pickle sickles!)
I love roasted garlic. Not on anything, just as a snack. Oh, and when we order pizza I take off the cheese and put a layer of french fries on top instead.
10. What was your first job?
I worked as a student intern at the Mayor's office in my hometown. At the time I wanted to be the first woman president of the United States... things have kind of changed since then lol ;)
11. If you had a spirit animal, what would it be?
And here are my 11 questions:
1. What was your dream job when you were a kid?
2. What is the worst movie you've ever seen?
3. What tv/movie character would you love to have as your BFF?
4. What tv/movie character would you love to have as your boyfriend?
5. If your childhood self could see you now, what would they think?
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
7. What is one habit you wish you could break?
8. If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
(*cough* communicate telepathically with cats *cough*)
9. What would you do first if you won the lottery?
10. What is your favorite comfort food?
11. Favorite song that you're embarrassed to admit is a favorite song?