the melody lingers on



The Train Song by Vashti Bunyan // image via TCaponePhoto

I'd like to say that I discovered this song on my Pandora station, or while browsing for new-to-me music at the record store, but I have to come clean. It was a Samsung commercial. While it's embarrassing to admit that a lot of my favorite singers became favorites because of some corporate advertisement, I'm glad that companies (well.. some companies) choose such great songs for their ads! After hearing this on tv last week, I quickly searched for it on youtube, found this video, and before the week's end I had downloaded Vashti Bunyan's entire discography. Commercials hardly ever inspire me to buy the product they're pushing, but they're definitely responsible for a lot of my itunes downloads.

ps. did you enter the blowfish shoes giveaway yet? :)